Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Life is lighter this way.

I woke up this morning @ 2:30 am, and did not sleep the night before. I don’t exactly know why this is, but I am reminded of my old timer friends who would reply to someone complaining about not getting enough sleep with "a little sleep deprivation never killed anyone,” in a usually brash grumpy old voice.

While I lied awake I thought of all of the broken marriages in our midst, I thought of the people who were making some very bad decisions with their life, and it may had been the first time in weeks that I was actually just able to lie there and pray over the faces as I could think of them. I prayed for Heathers sleep, my family, and thanked God from the bottom of my heart for how rich my life has been.

I had to sleep in the spare room, and may have to again tonight due to the constant distraction of using the restroom every 30 minutes and waking Heather. This is something I refuse to get used to.

As I started my day I was reminded that if this is where He has me right now, than my prayer is simple. Lord, allow me the chance to pack into the stream of life whatever you see fit today. With the clients that I meet with, the faces that I sit with, and the voices that I listen to, may I be more concerned with what I will give than what I am going to take. You fill me with all I need, and allow me peace to trust that you will continue to do what you have simply always done.. Amen

4 comments:

  1. Bro what's up!? Keep rockin' I was on Facebook & saw Heather Lamm; it made me smile. You're an awesome man of God. One minute at a time.

    ReplyDelete