Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Hair is officially gone!


Well I officially lost my bet with Dr. Mahajan @ Solace. He and Dr. Figuroa had promised me that I would lose "every hair on my head", however the statistics and some of the other Docs and nurses said that it was not for sure. Dr. Mahajan and I had bet 5$ that I would be the exception to the rule, and a friend of mine Gene Burroughs who has a wife going through treatment also threw 5$ on it.

As I started styling my hair yesterday morning I noticed large clumps of hair coming out in my hands, and I turned to Heather with a sad look on my face to show her. She came up and gave me a huge hug, and then asked me how I felt. It really was not that big of a deal, and I was actually more concerned about losing a bet, than losing my hair. :-)

I told her "if I can just get it half way styled before my first meeting this AM, I will be ok to go get it cut after that". As I continued to try and style it, the hair was falling out to the point of having to put a hat on. I went to my first meeting then went to the salon to get shaved.

As I walked in and noticed that the usual stylist that I used was not there, I figured that anyone could do the job. A young blond gal walked up and asked me what I was wanting, and I responded "take it as close to the skin as possible", and she said, "all of it?" , "Yes, all of it"...

The funny thing is that I like it, and did not think I will. It will however be interesting when my eyelashes and brows fall out. More pics to come...

2 comments: