Sunday, March 21, 2010

Good Reports

More Good Reports

The third round of chemo starts tomorrow. Another full week of sitting in a chair for five hours a day getting injected with heavy metals and all kinds of other cancer killing poisons. At this point I am getting pretty excited to be done with it, however I am grateful to know that it is working so well. My blood counts continue to show no cancer, and my Doctor has said I will go on to live a completely normal life again when this is all said and done. Whatever normal means :-)

On one hand I am very grateful for this reality and the thought of going through 2 more rounds of this brutal process seems like a walk in the park, but on another hand I am sad and feel as if I am dodging a bullet that so many people that I have come to know will not be so lucky to do.

This season has been very good for my perspective and I should hope that when I am in remission that I will keep this experience close enough to me that I would not forget what I have learned. I know that there will probably be times that I take things for granted again, and I will probably lose perspective many times, but by staying close to people with cancer I will remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment